Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Racing brake pads - street or track only
tuonoworld.com
May 20, 2019, 12:12:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing brake pads - street or track only  (Read 2033 times)
Rico
Fuderator

« on: July 13, 2017, 11:06:08 am »

The Fat KTM1290ADV has always been a bit o a bugger tae pull tae a rapid stop, particularly if loaded up or twos up.  1190 before was exactly the same.

Obviously thir heavyish bikes relatively speakin but both bikes felt like there was a "lag" in the brake system, a bit akin tae a "soft" lever due tae air in system ( it isnt).  Dont get be wrong the brakes are fine and do work but but need a handful and just didnt give that initial bite and feel as ah wid o liked.

So despite some saying "oh ye cannae dae that" " thir fro track only and winnae work on the road" or "they wont work unless up tae race temperature etc etc which is bollox IMO ah took a punt and fitted kosher Brembo Racing brake pads and oh min whit a difference.   happy119

The immediate feel and improved bite when applied is jist brilliant and it now stops on a sixpence.  All with minimal pressure frae the lever, one finger sort o thing....and well road tested ower thoosands o mountain pass miles jist there last month.

Only thing ah will need tae keep an aye on is mibbe a bit o increased disc wear  what5 but ahl live wi that for the vast improvement these pads hae made tae ma ride.

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 11:14:23 am »

Think they deliberately put slow reaction pads in most adventure bikes on the off chance that they go off road...

My old GS 650 brakes were wank on standard pads too !
snowman
Mega Fud

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 12:32:52 pm »

Just put set of SBS street excell (LS730)in rear of my tuo, has made a better brake than oem brembo and EBC that were in it before, other site says front racing pads from SBS are brill on road too ?

gen2 Factory, Full Akro baffles out, pazzo s/levers, Acossato Q/A throttle no3 the largest cam, A/P r/sets, K&N A/Filter ,Map2, Carbon f/Spktcover & shark fin lower and R&G sw/arm bobbins, 15/42 now!R&G bar ends, Brembo Oro discs , SBS Race Sinter pads In front,  Sbs excel in rear .
Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 12:45:46 pm »

nae doubt there wid be some sort o disclaimer insurance legalese shite that they shouldnt be used on the road but as the KTM is now out of its 2 year waranty ahm nae bothered.  Ah wid rather stop 10 yards shorter and quicker than run on and intae something.

The point re offroad is well valid tho, as good as it is now it wid be a nightmare on the dirt wi the ABS off, way to harsh a bite for that. Anyroads that scenario isnae likely tae be happening (...certainly nae voluntarily eek1z)

Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:52:24 pm »

plus Brembo sintered pads in the rear ...thats improve that a lot as weel

Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:01:20 pm »

Last time I used racing pads, they were very kind on the discs.
Pad composition was really soft, but the worked brilliantly.
Only downside was they wore out way quicker than the road ones.
s1imster
Master Fud

its a dogs life

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »

,i would like to go the other way my brakes on the BM are lethal when i first get on it .I've nearly come off at the top of my drive as they grab really hard until they have warmed up a bit

if it aint broke fix it till it is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: