Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Anyone get out today ?
tuonoworld.com
May 20, 2019, 11:56:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 266
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone get out today ?  (Read 211715 times)
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #2440 on: February 16, 2019, 07:03:58 pm »

Like minds Tifa, I ordered the Johnnyboy cables yesterday along with a genuine 150amp starter thingy and one of those Li-ion batteries. The bike starts up now but the battery is definitely on its last legs. Stale petrol and 40,000 mile old spark plugs probably don't help  big grin1.

Met Johnnyboy and a few more of the AP crew up at the pondo a few years back.
Great bloke, superb product (He brought some for IanG...so we all had a gander)
Top quality schmutter mate.
Yoozy
Nobs immature. I'm an adult.
A-Team

Extreme Mancunian.

« Reply #2441 on: February 16, 2019, 08:22:18 pm »

Out in the car today, to that Southport with the dogs. Coming back through country roads looking for a pub round Scarisbrick, the amount of shit dragged out the fields by farmers was fucking criminal. No one on a bike would have a chance.

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

Pretty agile for a fat lad.
OlafTuono
Super Fud

« Reply #2442 on: February 17, 2019, 07:09:20 pm »

I went to a local trails event.  not to to compete (I am too old and crap for that) - but to "observe" - which is the fancy way of saying keeping the scores.
I was on just one of the sections, in an old quarry, the route went around the trees and up and down steep rocky outcrops - I could barely walk it.

3 classes - beginner (which included all the kids from about 6 years old), Clubman, Expert.
All made it look easy - but the way they get the bikes to move - defies physics and gravity.   hail

Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #2443 on: February 17, 2019, 08:48:29 pm »

Out in the car today, to that Southport with the dogs. Coming back through country roads looking for a pub round Scarisbrick, the amount of shit dragged out the fields by farmers was fucking criminal. No one on a bike would have a chance.

Most farmers are aware of the situation Nob, but if their land's divided by road, and the ground is wet, there's not much that can be done about it. Around these parts it's fairly common at this time of year, just need to ride accordingly.
I recon the greasy shit that salting and gritting leaves on the road is way worse.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:49:02 pm by Tifa » Logged
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #2444 on: February 17, 2019, 09:16:23 pm »

I went to a local trails event.  not to to compete (I am too old and crap for that) - but to "observe" - which is the fancy way of saying keeping the scores.
I was on just one of the sections, in an old quarry, the route went around the trees and up and down steep rocky outcrops - I could barely walk it.

3 classes - beginner (which included all the kids from about 6 years old), Clubman, Expert.
All made it look easy - but the way they get the bikes to move - defies physics and gravity.   hail

Had a Montesa many moons ago...Used to follow Trials all over the place in my youth... if there was somewhere to ride nearby without having to enter a comp I would grab one tomorrow....
👍
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #2445 on: February 17, 2019, 10:37:06 pm »

I got out again today with my wing woman, 166 miles around the Cotswolds this time.
Got rained on once briefly, so went into the runway cafe at Wellesbourne airfield, job done.
Met a guy in there on the MT10sp, he also has a multistrada S that he doesn't like and he's swapping it for a GS1250
at the end of the month, he must be nuts is all I can say.
trickymicky65
Mega Fud

« Reply #2446 on: February 18, 2019, 08:03:19 pm »

Still dreaming of getting out, everytime theres a window of opportunity the gods defy me a cast down trecherous weather on the intended day & as somebody recently pointed out when the rains washed away the salt & grit off the road its innevitable that the farmers seize the opportunity to make the mst of the dry weather too.

On a positive side the mornings & evenings are starting to draw out & I'll soon be able to start commting too & from work.   Roll on some sunshine thats all I can say .
wileecoyote
Mega Fud

« Reply #2447 on: February 19, 2019, 03:25:48 am »

Jealous, snow, rain, sleet repeat...........

Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius
ACME Race Team, Chief Rider/Mechanic
NO WINS, cant get around them anvils2012 Aprilia Tuono "Valentina"
1989 FZR 1000  "PITA"
2008 Ducati Hypermototard
Evilkneyeball
Mega Fud

« Reply #2448 on: February 19, 2019, 12:21:40 pm »

Did you find a pub, did they let your dogs in?
Yoozy
Nobs immature. I'm an adult.
A-Team

Extreme Mancunian.

« Reply #2449 on: February 19, 2019, 01:06:44 pm »

Yep. The Sheraton Bridge a think it wer called. Nice pint of black cat  eat9

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

Pretty agile for a fat lad.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 266
  Print  

Jump to: