tuonoworld.com
January 29, 2020, 06:13:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: eat4

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 669
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do with your bike today.  (Read 882218 times)
MagnetMan
Mega Fud

« Reply #6600 on: September 09, 2019, 08:25:36 pm »

Sons of Arthritis.
Nito
Super Fud

Tuono R Limited

« Reply #6601 on: September 16, 2019, 02:47:13 pm »

Bunch of whinging ol' gits, you're giving biker stereotypes a bad name ffs.  big grin1

Well while everyone else was maintaining their false teeth, it was new tyres day for the Capo...

Up she goes for a spot of maintenance

Converted to a Hover bike...

Front was fooked...tyre made in 2009...

Rear was getting down...

I think she earned a new set of boots. So I've been toying with getting tyre levers or one of those Sealey walk around tyre changers, but with time constraints I ended up plumping £30 down the local bike shop to take the loose wheels and tyres, swap them over and balance. Kind of glad I did in the end, old owner had fitted this thick gloopy 'super seal' green shit to both of the tyres, I'd not seen it before, it's apparently a preemptive tyre seal that is supposed to prevent puncture or at least seal them up as they happen.

Anyway, a word of warning to anyone considering using this type of stuff, the Capo rims are aluminium and this shite has been eating away at the inside of my rims causing corrosion. All cleaned up now so hopefully that'll halt the corrosion.

Das new boot...

and the other

Now to clean up the caliper pistons/pads/chain/sprockets etc etc and get it all back together.

This Abba stand is brilliant, bike is completely mobile so you can whizz it all around the workshop at will. I can lower the bike back onto the wheel etc. Really pleased with it.

TTFN!!

Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting...
FTM
Mega Fud

« Reply #6602 on: October 27, 2019, 01:58:42 pm »

New front brake pads, I think I got 15,000 miles out of the last set. EBC HH.
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #6603 on: October 27, 2019, 05:01:16 pm »

How did you find them in the wet T. scratching1

Put the same set on the front of my 1290SDR they were dire in heavy rain.   sad33

Evilkneyeball
Mega Fud

« Reply #6604 on: October 27, 2019, 06:46:54 pm »

Hi Nito,
I put a set of those Tourance on my Transalp and I've been pleased with them.
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #6605 on: October 27, 2019, 09:33:20 pm »

Put the same set on the front of my 1290SDR they were dire in heavy rain.   sad33

Put a set on my Trumf..... initial bite is loads better.... don't "suffer" In  the rain that I notice.... but I'm not one that brakes hard.... it doesn't like heavy front brake so tend to roll off early and use the rear brake to settle it...

what5
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 09:35:56 pm by felix » Logged
FTM
Mega Fud

« Reply #6606 on: October 28, 2019, 05:51:52 am »

Put the same set on the front of my 1290SDR they were dire in heavy rain.   sad33

I never noticed anything in the rain so they must have been okay. I used them in some heavy downpours when I was commuting into London on the bike and if they were crap I would have noticed. The last 100 or so miles I did before I changed them they were either on or off, no feel at all.
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #6607 on: October 28, 2019, 07:18:17 am »

I only noticed it once and it was our Sunday run in the Picos last year when the heavens opened up.

Coming downhill towards the hotel on the road with the bronze stag on it, had to wipe off the discs well in advance of when I needed them to work.   happy119

The temptation was to squeeze the lever harder to get the water off,,,,,bad idea,,,,,way to much brake when it cleared.   slaphead; 

Nito
Super Fud

Tuono R Limited

« Reply #6608 on: October 28, 2019, 03:20:21 pm »

I'm a big fan of the Metzeler Tourance Evil.

I'm also using EBC HH as my go to pad when any of them need replacing. Running them on the T, Capo and ZXR. I've noticed in heavy rain the first application if not used the brakes for a while on the ride can sometimes be a little dull, after that perfect. I sometimes give them a quick warm up prod to clear the water and get them ready if I'm pressing on and have some corners lined up just to make sure they are there for when I need them. I can't say its ever been an issue and if using them properly in the wet no probs at all.

Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting...
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #6609 on: October 28, 2019, 03:52:14 pm »

Nito the pads were top notch in normal rain and wet surfaces but on that particular day the rain was exceptionally heavy.

Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 669
  Print  

Jump to: