tuonoworld.com
April 12, 2021, 05:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Be afraid.

Iā€™m back šŸ˜Š

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha Tracer  (Read 8458 times)
Grin Factor
Mega Fud

« on: September 07, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »

Nice day today, ball & chain called into work, so quick call to Ian Bell in Bedlington to see if they had a Tracer on demo, Yep, so off I went.
Nice looking bike, sounds good when started, 3 modes, but only std and A tried out. Standard gives full power but in a smooth way, use if have a passenger. A stands for aggressive, twist the throttle and its instant power. The engine is quick enough, but needs to be ridden like an in-line 4,  get the revs up before the power really kicks in. Handles ok, suspension is on the firm side & feels settled when into 3 figures.  The riding position is nearly the same as a gen 2 T, knees are bent and you lean forward into the bars. The seat is like a rock, arse aching after 20 mins, but carried on for well over an hour. 
When I stopped and tried to put the side stand down, my boot kept catching on the foot peg, they are very close together.
Al in all and decent bike that was quick, but something was missing, just didn't get the pulse going.   
garry
Proper Fanny

Sir Williams of Bowland

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »

wrong number of cylinders fer a start.
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 08:16:10 PM »

Yes one more would be better, my Kwak goes off the bottom of the rev range, no need to rev the nuts off it, it picks
up at lower revs than the Gen2 Tuono did and it's smoother.
Nor I suspect does Gilo on his Beemer, modern multi's are much better than you may think, don't limit yourself to
what everyone else has got, what's yours an 800 tiger?
Grin Factor
Mega Fud

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »

Ash, yeah still got the Tiger 800. Nice smooth bike, comfy, 50 mpg, But it doesn't excite me enough. Been reading up on many bikes and now testing a few. Thought about the Hyperstrada but its a bit small. Also the BM that Tifa is going to rag to bits.
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:47:51 PM »

Try a 1050 tiger, Tricky Micky has one and he's no slouch.
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »

Is it just me?
After years of struggling financially, for the first time in my life I can more or less, just go out an buy a bike.
Within reason....anything.
No problemo.
And, there's more choice than ever.
But sadly, there's fuck all that I really lust after.

What's going on?

s1imster
Master Fud

its a dogs life

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »

no mate I'm the same.  i nearly bought a bm xr 2 weeks ago then i thought fuck it i aint ready for one of them yet. really like the ktm beast or maybe a mv

if it aint broke fix it till it is
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 11:27:38 PM »

Talking of MV, where's whitey hiding.....

I like that MV that he has, if he still has it.
Nob
Nobs immature. I'm an adult.
A-Team

Extreme Mancunian.

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 12:14:42 AM »

Nice little report that Grin baby. I'm not looking for another bike, can't be arsed and I like the one I've got. New bikes are way to expensive now, only 4-5 years ago the same kind of things were 8-9k now they are 14+  thumbdown1z and half of that increase is for shit you don't want.

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

Pretty agile for a fat lad.
slomogadgie
Master Fud

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 12:16:46 AM »

I test rode the Tracer a couple months ago. It was ok but I didn't see what all the fuss was about. I suppose it's because it's a reasonable price for what it is.
due the job front, I'm looking at selling 1-2 of my bikes...the Tuono is not on the endangered species sort list:)

BETTER MIN?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: