tuonoworld.com
June 18, 2018, 06:29:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plod on gentlemen   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My first trackday  (Read 1978 times)
Patrick
Fudlet

« on: May 03, 2017, 08:25:35 am »

Had my first trackday, well track evening to be precise, at Cadwell yesterday evening. What an absolute buzz, I wish I did this years ago.

Nearly binned it a couple of times in the first session, but started to relax into it and very quickly got comfortable. The TV4 is more than a match for many sports bikes, got overtaken by a few and overtook more then overtook me. Scalped a couple of "track only" bikes too, but the best was the 3rd session with me, a zx10r and a SV 1000 spending the whole session together going at a fair rate.

The bug has well and truly bitten though, but I do think a trailer is in order. I rode my T from Northamptonshire to Cadwell and there is that "how will I get home if I bin it" in the back of the mind, so I think that it may even more fun if that concern is removed.

Big shout out to the team at Cadwell too. Very supportive and professional and quite happy to answer my rapid fire stupid questions.

As a species, us humans are trying so hard to be righteous that we can't remember what is right!
Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:39:28 am »

nice one P min.......something on my "to dos" list def....shame ahm miles frae any sort o track so bit of a mission. Knockhill ah guess but still a serious round trip particularly as ye say if ye bin it.

Now a cheapie Gen1 wi grippy tyres and a Trannie van might be a solution. scratching1

Mind yer GoPro next time as weel!  happy88

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
Patrick
Fudlet

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:51:32 pm »

Had another track evening on Friday, this time Rockingham national circuit. First session on and off rain with a fair bit of sphincter twitching. Had one grass tracking excursion where I totally missed the braking point and had one geezer on a racy KTM 390 jobby come flying up the inside of me on a 90 degree right hander and unceremoniously stacked it right in front of me on the next corner. Pulled in early on the first session due to rain, uneasiness and generally riding fairly shitly.

Went out in the second and it clicked - awesome session.

Standout of the evening was a guy in the fast group who only had one arm and was still one of the quicker guys on track - unreal.

As a species, us humans are trying so hard to be righteous that we can't remember what is right!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: