Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Kawa z1000SX
tuonoworld.com
May 20, 2019, 11:40:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kawa z1000SX  (Read 3356 times)
slomogadgie
Master Fud

« on: April 26, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

I was really looking forward to taking this out. Fifi liked the colour and shape etc so I though we had cracked it. Picked up the bike on what can only be described a driech day. I like the sound of it on tick over etc and just sitting on ioutside the shop I thought the riding position was just what I was looking for.

Off Fifi and I went. A wee run through the town until we got to the outskirts. During this short time I thought it was a good bike with easy controls etc etc. Finally got out on the road a bit. The weather was getting worse..............thank god as it made my mind up to turn back to the shop. The reason I say this is because the seat was horrible....and I mean really horrible. all in all I had not done more than 20 miles and the top of my thighs were sore where the seat was cutting into the them.
So to sum up
nice riding position
Lovely style and colour scheme (I think)
Great engine
Great promise
Crap seat

BETTER MIN?
j180
Master Fud

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:45:37 pm »

Aye Slomo as I said elsewhere my mate has bought yin. The seat is awful he has sent both away tae get gel inserts already. It seems a common complaint and most of the forum dudes have done the same. I also felt the bike had a lot of vibes as well, fast bike though. Still prefer the Tuoldo which handles better and is a lot lighter.

Blessed are the cheese makers for they shall inherite the earth
Yoozy
Nobs immature. I'm an adult.
A-Team

Extreme Mancunian.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:37:43 pm »

I was talking to a chap about his SX's and he was crying about the panniers. Apparently its a right swine of a job to get em on an off. The first thing he did was change sprox annall, said it was shite excelleratin.

I think they look gash btw. Cheap and nasty under the shiney green  sad33

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

Pretty agile for a fat lad.
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:37:17 pm »

"driech" - I love that word, it sums up that type of weather  / day perfectly  happy88

That's the problem with the internet.  No one knows you're a cat.
trickymicky65
Mega Fud

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:59:08 pm »

I had one for a day whilst my T was being serviced, thought it was very lame, did everything so smoothly/boring/quiet engine, very plasticky which is a shame cos the Z1000 a bit like Triumph I've always had a romantic notion to fall in love with one, was dissapointed with the Speed triple as well.

I also found with the z1000 wind noise was quite noticeable, Did a loadn of miles by the timne I took it back, about 250 I think, shop wasn't too happy with me, I said whats thye problem it's a demo bike isn't it. Geezwer mumbled something as I walked away.

No doubt exhaust noise could be made a little sexier with after market exhausts, didn't find the speed triple very exhilerating either. (The old model, about 2008)

snowman
Mega Fud

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 08:07:48 am »

Yeh boys i think a race can(s) would make it better.....have triumph race can (not for road use) on my 955i it is bloody lovely and loud  bop17

gen2 Factory, Full Akro baffles out, pazzo s/levers, Acossato Q/A throttle no3 the largest cam, A/P r/sets, K&N A/Filter ,Map2, Carbon f/Spktcover & shark fin lower and R&G sw/arm bobbins, 15/42 now!R&G bar ends, Brembo Oro discs , SBS Race Sinter pads In front,  Sbs excel in rear .
Grin Factor
Mega Fud

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 06:44:48 pm »

I think the T is a hard act to follow, all that V twin grunt, not much gets close to it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: