Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
New (to me) 2008 Tuono Key Code Question
tuonoworld.com
July 18, 2018, 05:29:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plod on gentlemen   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New (to me) 2008 Tuono Key Code Question  (Read 539 times)
guitback
Baby Fud

« on: December 23, 2017, 07:10:12 pm »

Newbie to Aprilia and please know that I have spent several hours here (and on other Aprilia forums) trying to educate myself on the code/dash/antenna stuff. The keys that I got from the dealer who sold me the bike are:
-1 key that works fine (but I do NOT know the previous code and have checked 00000, 12345, last 5 digits of VIN)
-1 key that demands a code (which of course I do not know)
-1 key that looks like some kind of oddball, because it has no plastic cover. It slides into ignition (same type of key), but does not turn.

I am able to change some things from the "SETTINGS" (time, tyre pressure/temp, etc.) with the working key, but when I attempt to "CHANGE THE CODE" it asks me to ("Enter Old Code"), which of course I do not know. I have tried the 00000, 12345, last 5 digits of VIN to no avail.

When I attempt to "RECOVER THE CODE" I am asked to "INSERT THE II KEY." I can only assume this is the other key with the plastic headpiece on it. (the one that when inserted normally demands my code). When I see the "INSERT THE II KEY" message in DIAGNOSTICS//RECOVER THE CODE I can only assume they mean for me to literally take out the 1st key and insert the second. I have done this several times. Upon doing this the system informs me that the second key I just inserted and turned is not recognized. Is there some kind of magic removing the first key and inserting the secondary key? I know that there is a time limit, and when I have attempted this, the dash shows 7 or 8 seconds left...and then tells me the key is not recognized. I have been able to do the 13432 code to look at some things, but of course when I want to "CHANGE KEYS" it asks me for the elusive, existing code.  We do have an authorized dealer in my town (Who knew?!).
-Will they be able to access the fuel map if I don't have my code?
-Is there any hope of recovering the code in order to make both my keys work?
-Am I doomed to have only one key that works, and never have access to diagnostics?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:15:00 pm by guitback » Logged
Tifa
Master Fud

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:38:44 pm »

First post, and striaght in with a question without an intro of some sort. Boom!
Bad form dude, bad form laughing1
FTM
Mega Fud

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 08:31:39 am »

I've no idea I'm still on the old analog bike.
I'm sure someone will be around soon who knows. Or phone Griff at Aprilia Performance, he'll know the answer for sure.
hector
Super Fud

Blow me !

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 09:00:44 am »

Unless you know the old code you will not be able to go with it.

Some guys change it ........birthday etc.

I noticed you tried  ................ 00000 and 12345

I got second hand clock and punched in ......................01234

BINGO.
s1imster
Master Fud

its a dogs life

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:15:41 pm »

give griff a call at aprillia performance ,Tamworth

if it aint broke fix it till it is
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Back climbing the Apple Trees.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 11:04:54 pm »

Mucker,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bad form as said.

Can't remember the sequence for coding the second key.

This much I do remember and I'm not shure if it applies to you.

There is a user code that you can enter into the system when the machine is new or when no prior code has been entered.

This code if entered has to be entered every time you want to fire the engine.

Most owners never bother to set this code mainly because it's a fukkin pain in the arse to enter the digits.

This may possibly be what yer on aboot but as far as the second key goes, my sparse memory of the procedure to render it useful is vague at best.

I do remember it involves a timed period with the key in the ignition once the procedure has been followed.

That's the best I can do,,,,,,,,,,,,,   

Vinny
Mega Fud

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 02:06:15 pm »

As previously said ring Griff at Aprilia Performance

01827 285500
Ukmongoose
Fudlet

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 03:15:06 pm »

It will work if you put the first key in your ear, the second one in the ignition.
But dont turn it on until the key in your ear gets warm and starts to vibrate 🎶

....... or ring John at Bikersworld in East Grinstead after half an hour if that doesnt work. Top guy.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 03:17:10 pm by Ukmongoose » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: