Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Fudabout 21st to 23rd or 24th Sept
tuonoworld.com
April 22, 2019, 01:28:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyones mojo is back  yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Fudabout 21st to 23rd or 24th Sept  (Read 6415 times)
Vinny
Mega Fud

« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2018, 08:15:19 pm »

First chance to post since getting back from a very sunny Scotland

It was a brilliant few days  tuono;

Many thanks to Rico; Roy & Felix for joining the Fest - and to Aldo & John for joining in Saturday morning  happy88

Special thanks to Rico for travelling so far and helping guide us on the right roads  happy88 happy88

I have a few pictures that I will try and post once uploaded to postimage or similar

Sorry to everyone for having to leave a day early hope Sundays run went well and you all got home safe today  happy119

Weather, roads and company were all excellent ................in the UK you can't find better roads than those north of the boarder .....

The run from Oban to the Green Welly was brilliant - especially as we avoided get stopped by the plod

Hope to plan another trip and get further north at the end of May next year perhaps we could get a few more Fuds to join in

My mate Mike enjoyed riding with you guys as well as the craic, beers and curry eat4

fatcat
Fudlet

« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2018, 09:36:56 pm »

Glad you guys had a good time, I was gutted I couldn't make it this year, the first time in 5 years I've missed a Scotland thrash. They are always a good craic and Aldo and Rico always make the effort to help with the local knowledge. As you say Vinny, no better roads in the country than those north of the border.
Vinny
Mega Fud

« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2018, 09:46:32 pm »

Vinny
Mega Fud

« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:26 pm »

Vinny
Mega Fud

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2018, 09:49:00 pm »

Vinny
Mega Fud

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2018, 09:49:59 pm »

Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2018, 10:00:54 pm »

Cheers Mick, thoroughly enjoyed ma weekend oot wi you guys.  Much miles in mucho weather n road conditions, loved it all.

Left Rico land in a monsoon at lunchtime Friday wi ma sat nav set tae avoid all duallers and motorway wi Longtown the destination.  Took a couple hours longer that way but made for a fine afternoons ridin, some o it on roads totally unknown.

It send me thru the middle o Falkirk for some random reason so ah took a wee side track tae the Kelpies for a shot, first time the rain stopped and efter that it was fair all rest o the way.

After leavin the borders via Moffat a big chunk o the road done followed the roads running parrallel tae the M74 motorway. Ah wid recommend this if ever going up or doon that stretch. Fantastic condition surface and absolutely next tae no traffic on it.  Very fast!

Then at Lockerbie noticed a wee sign saying Ukranion POW Chapel n Camp, so wi time on ma hands took a wee dander up a side road for a mile and thee itwas, abattered auld WW2 shed in what was effectively a scrappy yard but inside was all fancy chapel stuff.

Saturday saw us meeting john Slayer 180 and Aldo at Carronbridge then we followed up the coast tae catch the Gourock tae Kilcreggan wee ferry.  Time for a coffee and scone in Dunoon just as a heavy shower passed over so good timing.

Highlight o this section was when Slayer John aka "The Hooligan" split  off at Largs and left the scene revvin the tits aff his V4 T while hurtlin up the street for 50 yards on the back wheel.  That fairly woke the Largs populace up!  laugh13 laugh13 winking1

Was a fine n nippy ride up tae Lochgilphead via Inverary where Aldo wi his baldy rear had tae head back hame for fear o imminent deflation. Tut tut Fudmeister, but we have awe done it at some point ah guess  angel1.   Like  ".....honest mate, it looked fine for another 500 hunner miles when ah left..."  laughing1

The Lancaster Hotel in Oban. A def case o ye get what ye pay for. Was still in a 70s timewarp, wi fixings and fittings frae 50 years afore tha!  Did the job tho.

Nighty night  sleep007

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:14:39 am by Rico » Logged

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2018, 10:59:27 pm »

Smashin pics guys.   happy88

garry
Proper Fanny

Sir Williams of Bowland

« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2018, 07:07:34 am »

clapper1z clapper1z clapper1z
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2018, 04:44:11 pm »

Cheers or organising Vinny......    happy88

Fab trip north of the border as ever.......great bunch / great trip.

Thanks Rico for taking a big detour on your way home to steer Roy & Me up past Glencoe / Kinlochleven / Fort bill,  across to "the Ski road" and down to Glenshee - i gave up trying to keep up.... but enjoyed the new roads just the same....    happy88

We took a different route out of Ayr yesterday.... A713 / A712 - a nice twisty combination with the odd lumber truck chucked in to negotiate too - i enjoyed holding Roy up along there !!!!    big grin1

After leaving Roy at Longtown i pretty much had the roads to myself all the way to middleton-in-teasdale..... just how it should be.

Pitty V & Mike had to head home on the Sunday... & Ali had a dodgy tyre  - still - there's always next time  happy119

Vinny - If ya mate Mike joins the forum...... how about "Mike140" as  a "name" ?    laugh13

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
  Print  

Jump to: