tuonoworld.com
December 14, 2019, 09:31:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Transalp  (Read 10338 times)
Evilkneyeball
Mega Fud

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2018, 12:02:09 am »

Anybody got any suggestions what silver paint I should use on the clutch cover and rocker box cover?
I've got some silver Hammerite in aerosol and paintbrush format but don't know how temp resistant it is.
Has anybody renovated their engine with a good silver Paint??
Evilkneyeball
Mega Fud

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2018, 06:48:25 pm »

]

Well I've done enough to stop the rot and put it on the road, booked an MOT for Weds 31st and if it passes I'll tax it from 1st Nov.
I was going to do a more thorough resto, but due to change in circumstances (Wife wants to move on now the Lad's gone to Uni), I just wanted a rolling bike with MOT rather than have boxes of bits.

As I know you all enjoy a laugh: Last owner had dropped the forks through the yokes by about 50mm, so the last job I did was to drop them back down to about 2mm above the triple clamp (for WyleeCoyotee).

Tightened it all up again and managed to crack the top yoke at the LH side pinchbolts. Bought another yoke off Ebay for £25. no bother I thought, easy swap....
Well Mr Honda has other ideas because the ignition switch is attached to the underside of the yoke with anti-tamper bolts.

About 8 drill bits and 4hrs later I managed to get the bastard ignition switch off after minor physical injuries to myself including a nose cut in 2 places where a drill bit shattered and flew up (was wearing safety specs) and drilling a hole in the top of my middle finger. That injury actually had me pacing up and down the outhouse yesterday afternoon.

Then today it fell over off the section of railway sleeper I had put under the frame rails, but amazingly there was no damage whatsoever other than to a mirror and I had new ones anyway!

I think I should branch out into instructional videos on YouTube. Instructional with regard to English expletives and 1st aid in the home.

Anyway all Ok now.
whitey
Mega Fud

Cheesy sausage with a bite.

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2018, 07:04:05 pm »

that post made me laugh Mike
garry
Proper Fanny

Sir Williams of Bowland

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2018, 07:57:17 pm »

Your own reg Prescott tribute act mike..

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:01:33 pm by garry » Logged
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2018, 08:15:49 pm »

10 out of 10 fir effort mucker.

I'm sure most of us have battle scars and those that don't are liars.   happy119

Evilkneyeball
Mega Fud

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:25 pm »

Cheers Lads, it's actually a result if it passes the MOT and it all seems ok, so should do.
I've only been up the driveway on it and god the front brakes are feeble considering it's a double-disversion. I've been all over it with brake cleaner & fettled the calipers etc. (and, yes I pumped them back up). You'd literally be better off with a parachute.
I'll be after £30 worth of sintered summat.
Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2018, 08:24:51 am »

ahm sure yer MOT will go well min, sounds like yiv done awe the necessary work  happy88

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2018, 10:10:03 pm »

Think we’ve all had days like that in the lab Mike  laughing1

That's the problem with the internet.  No one knows you're a cat.
Yoozy
Nobs immature. I'm an adult.
A-Team

Extreme Mancunian.

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2018, 06:42:13 am »

I might get a gander at this later mate  winking1

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

Pretty agile for a fat lad.
Nito
Super Fud

Tuono R Limited

« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2018, 07:48:56 pm »

Probably sticking pistons in the calipers or maybe pads are glazed/contaminated. I take it you’ve cleaned the discs with brake cleaner and some say soapy detergent water to degrease.

Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: