Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MOT exemtion on old bikes
tuonoworld.com
January 18, 2019, 09:47:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plod on gentlemen   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOT exemtion on old bikes  (Read 94 times)
OlafTuono
Fud

« on: January 09, 2019, 04:46:02 pm »

Its been a while since I have contributed anything to this forum, not sure why, just drifted away I suppose.
I still meet up with Felix, Phatcat, Grin Factor for the occasional ride out,  but Brooksy seems to have lost his interest in motorbikes at the moment.

Anyway, as well as my Tuono that I have had for donkeys years now, I have been getting an old British trials bike - a 61 Enfield.
Its a 250 frame, with a 350 engine that's been converted to 500 - photo to follow when I find out how - I don't think photo bucket works now.

Its of an age when its MOT exempt, but as ever, nothing is straight fwd.

As it tax exempt, I got the reminder that I have to apply for the free tax - so jumped on the computer and sorted it.
But, I think I dropped a clanger, because when a vehicle is MOT exempt, I think you have to declare / apply for this before applying for the free tax - which I did not.

Additionally, if its the first MOT exemption application - it has to be done with a paper copy at the post office (form V112) - not on the internet.
I went to the post office, asked for such a form & had a chat with the guy on the counter.

He said its just basically a ticky box exercise, I have to fill in the form for the MOT exemption - he looks at it - then gives it back to me.
I then asked if there would be any problems as I did not "declare" this at the time of applying for my free tax.

He advised - just keep the form that has been filled in & show any police if I ever got stopped.
Still not sure about this one - as the internet status of the MOT will be "expired" - probably until I next tax it - as long as I remember to do the free MOT first.

Anyone on here got any experience of this.

fatcat
Fudlet

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 05:03:03 pm »

Scrap the fooker and build a brand new one out of all the bits in your garage. Does that help ?  what5
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:42:42 pm »

No idea mate, but i’d imagine the classic bike forums will have plenty of people who’d know.

That's the problem with the internet.  No one knows you're a cat.
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:55:46 pm »

One of my mates has done it with an old land rover.... he's working away at the mo.... Will give him a shout when he's back....
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 08:03:54 pm »

I have a mate who has done this with a Vincent, I'll ask him tonight in the pub. Sounds like fun OT
OlafTuono
Fud

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:01 pm »

Scrap it - you are havin a laff !!    It just needs a little bit of TLC and the occasional rebuild now and then. love8
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 08:20:51 pm »

But where are you gonna get your bits from now you have retired ! !

big grin1
OlafTuono
Fud

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 05:37:13 pm »

Scrap the fooker and build a brand new one out of all the bits in your garage. Does that help ?  what5

You far better scrap that boat anchor you ride

Loads of bits, but always on the look for more.
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »

Its been a while since I have contributed anything to this forum, not sure why, just drifted away I suppose.
I still meet up with Felix, Phatcat, Grin Factor for the occasional ride out,  but Brooksy seems to have lost his interest in motorbikes at the moment.

Anyway, as well as my Tuono that I have had for donkeys years now, I have been getting an old British trials bike - a 61 Enfield.
Its a 250 frame, with a 350 engine that's been converted to 500 - photo to follow when I find out how - I don't think photo bucket works now.

Its of an age when its MOT exempt, but as ever, nothing is straight fwd.

As it tax exempt, I got the reminder that I have to apply for the free tax - so jumped on the computer and sorted it.
But, I think I dropped a clanger, because when a vehicle is MOT exempt, I think you have to declare / apply for this before applying for the free tax - which I did not.

Additionally, if its the first MOT exemption application - it has to be done with a paper copy at the post office (form V112) - not on the internet.
I went to the post office, asked for such a form & had a chat with the guy on the counter.

He said its just basically a ticky box exercise, I have to fill in the form for the MOT exemption - he looks at it - then gives it back to me.
I then asked if there would be any problems as I did not "declare" this at the time of applying for my free tax.

He advised - just keep the form that has been filled in & show any police if I ever got stopped.
Still not sure about this one - as the internet status of the MOT will be "expired" - probably until I next tax it - as long as I remember to do the free MOT first.

Anyone on here got any experience of this.

Apparently my friend who went through this asked at the post office, was given the MOT exemption form to fill in, which he did there and then and he gave it back to the post office chap and that was that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: