Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Non-Starter
tuonoworld.com
April 22, 2019, 12:59:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Everyones mojo is back  yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Non-Starter  (Read 125 times)
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 04:09:29 pm »

What threw me is why didn't it run when I jumped it off the Transalp?

If your jump leads are poor quality (thin) or the clamps are cheap/weak a lot of the current will be turned to heat, rather than cranking it over.

Also: those battery testers are a waste of time as it was showing fully charged, in this day & age any tester should show up a fucked battery whatever's up with it.

The optimate thing isn't really a tester...I've got one of these, fucking brilliant.
Clip it onto battery terminals. Programe in the CCA (off the battery) press go.
Gives battery efficiency State of Health (SOH) %, charging efficiency (SOC) %, checks absolutely everything. Brilliant bit of kit.

Did I say how brilliant it is?
 laughing1

About £35 ebay.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 04:12:13 pm by Tifa » Logged
Evilkneyeball
Mega Fud

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »

Cheers,
I've come back in the house cos it's a bit cold out there.
I've not managed to fix the clutch fluid, I filled the master cylinder and pumped the lever for ages but nothing happened.
I've left it with a zip tie holding the lever to the bar and I'll have another play with it tomorrow evening. I've had enough for today, gonna watch the GP after tea.
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 06:00:21 pm »

Have you tried bleeding it at the lever?
Some have a nipple up there.
If not, cover everything up to protect the paintwork, crack the banjo open at the lever, whilst pulling it in at the same time.
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 07:52:32 pm »

Evil, don't know how you hooked up yer jump leads.

Best way to do it is clamp the earth onto the engine not the battery.   happy119

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: