Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ECU Readers
tuonoworld.com
July 19, 2019, 03:05:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ECU Readers  (Read 163 times)
trickymicky65
Mega Fud

« on: May 16, 2019, 09:57:27 am »

Had to take the bike in last week as the Engine management fault code light was illuminated, turned out to be O2 sensor & a couple of other minor faults. So goes out yesterday for a brief 250 miles, pulls in for fuel on the way home & hey presto the lights back on so as I'm riding home thinking to myself. ------ If I've had the bike de catted & the O2 sensor bipassed does it mean that the Gizzmo that fools the ECU has failed in which case just replace that or should I invest in a ECU fault code reader as at £25.00 a pop it could get quite pricey every timwe the light comes on..

So does anybody have any experience of DIY fault code readers at a reasonable price??
Ash
Proper Fanny

Should know better

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:36:40 pm »

I have a reader Mick but I'm in Croatia for another week.
The O2 bypass plug is two resistors, but if you have had the ECU flashed
They should be out of the equation.
s1imster
Master Fud

its a dogs life

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 08:55:33 am »

i bought a cheap one a few months ago to keep in the van but have not used it yet, i don't know if it works with bikes .
they do ones that work with your phones through blue tooth that are quite small.i had a fault come up on my van and geoff used his reader to erase the code that hasn't come back, so for £20 i bought my own

if it aint broke fix it till it is
trickymicky65
Mega Fud

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:04:50 pm »

I have a reader Mick but I'm in Croatia for another week.
The O2 bypass plug is two resistors, but if you have had the ECU flashed
They should be out of the equation.

I've bought a cheap one that was reccomended from an owners sitr, just waiting for the Yamaha 4pin adaptor to arrive. Havent had the ECU flashed though Ash, I'm tright out in the sticks so nobody reasonably local available. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: