tuonoworld.com
February 28, 2021, 04:21:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ANYONE SEEN NOBOOZYS MOJO?

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: South West Fest  (Read 1372 times)
Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2021, 12:25:48 AM »

Looks like Wild camping wae the midge is gonae be ma option.   sad33

Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2021, 10:50:42 AM »

Righty ho. Latest I’ve heard is that hospitality will be opening up at ‘the end of May’. If that is the case the BH weekend will be rammed everywhere (plus too many cars getting in the way on the fun roads). Plus Vinny can’t make that weekend.

So here’s a suggestion.

We go away over the first weekend in June. I’m thinking Minehead for digs as it’s a nice enough place, has a fair few pubs (including a Spoons for cheap beers), a good curry house, and you’re on good roads as soon as you leave town. We’d have Exmoor on the doorstep, plus Devon and Cornwall are within easy reach for a long day ride. I can book 3 nights in the Premier Inn there (about 15 mins walk to the main drag for beers and munch) Friday 4th June - Sunday 6th June for £72.50 a head for the 3 nights. Add £27 if you want all you can eat brekkie each morning. So cheap as chips. Outdoor car park for the bikes, but it’s pretty sleepy down there so not too worried about problems, but disc locks or similar probably wise. Those travelling furthest can stay at mine on the Thursday night and we all group up on the Friday and head for sunny Minehead - travel back on the Monday.

Premier Inn app only allows me to book for 8 people / 4 twin rooms, but they are free at the mo and I can call to book for more.

Thoughts?  Does the date and location work?  I can do the following weekend if needs be, but may struggle after that. 

If I can get confirmation on numbers I can book it - the price I quoted is for refundable booking up to 28 days in advance. I have to pay in full when booking so will need cash up front - can provide PayPal or bank a/c details.

Let I know fuds  yes sir

That's the problem with the internet.  No one knows you're a cat.
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2021, 10:56:14 AM »

Re the clash with the Eurofest if it goes ahead, doesn’t look like I can do any earlier due to restrictions, early July before the school holidays could be a go-er but may be more pricey. Alternative is early September, though that seems a long time to wait.... frown1

s1imster
Master Fud

its a dogs life

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »

my mrs has been trying to book caravans for some short breaks they wanted around £1000 for 4 days in Weymouth

if it aint broke fix it till it is
Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2021, 11:48:38 AM »

Aye, everyone will be cashing in, which I totally get, its been tough, but its the fekkers that take the absolute piss out of it but mainly them that willingly pays the stupid prices. Thats what keeps the greeed monster fed.

Good old supply and demand economics I guess. what5

I,m in, pending finalised actual date as its close to middle Ricolets wedding Mk II attempt and my on jollies in mid June.

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
trickymicky65
Mega Fud

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2021, 07:45:50 PM »

I know its not Devon & Cornwall but Just saying.

https://www.celtic-camping.co.uk/

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 07:49:19 PM by trickymicky65 » Logged
Vinny
Master Fud

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2021, 08:02:13 PM »

based upon the road map I don't think the Eurofest will go ahead. 21st June before full social contract rules are lifted.
can't see foreign travel being allowed until after this date.

to me it makes sense to plan  events for end of June onwards in UK

I doubt that I will join in until we can have proper meets when everything is fully open
Captain Sociable
Super Fud

Sociably Sensible

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2021, 07:52:49 PM »

nice one gilo i'm inn , not a lover of the walking

but i guess they have taxis at night, can't wait  bop17  happy88
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2021, 10:22:18 PM »

So we have 3 in so far for the first weekend of June - me, Rico, Captain Sociable.  Any more for any more?

Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2021, 08:44:44 AM »

Could be G, all depends on what happens with the EuroFest.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: