tuonoworld.com
October 30, 2020, 03:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ANYONE SEEN NOBOOZYS MOJO?

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Tuono owner  (Read 765 times)
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 12:24:26 PM »

On the GenII, with ventura luggage on the seat, it's always a good plan to cover the top of the tail unit with gaffa tape to prevent paint damage.
snowman
Mega Fud

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 03:14:09 PM »

The rear seat is good to have.
Weight can sit on seat, and the rack can be used to carry additional stuff if required.
thats how I pack ..... big bag on p/ seat rest on the rack facing rear đź‘Ť

gen2 Factory, Full Akro baffles out, pazzo s/levers, Acossato Q/A throttle no3 the largest cam, A/P r/sets, K&N A/Filter ,Map2, Carbon f/Spktcover & shark fin lower and R&G sw/arm bobbins, 15/42 now!R&G bar ends, Brembo Oro discs , SBS Race Sinter pads In front,  Sbs excel in rear .
jeremyr62
Fudlet

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 04:42:18 PM »

Ok. Bit of advice needed if you would be so kind. I went to pick the bike up today and noticed the clicks were fogged in the lower right area near the LCD. I know that’s quite common but they weren’t like that I viewed the bike a week ago. Must be the weather. I wasn’t top worried about that but revcounter was playing up too and all over the place. Did not return to zero and was very random. I assume this could be an expensive fix? I didn’t go through with the purchase but if `I can work out how much it might cost to fix could renegotiate. Any advice very welcome.
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2020, 05:36:52 PM »

EVERYTHING you want to know about clicks...but were afaid to ask... big grin1 happy88

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?145588-Service-Question-Compendium

Enjoy  happy119
jeremyr62
Fudlet

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2020, 07:36:36 PM »

Clicks?, damn typos. I see you got my drift.
Cheers for that.
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2020, 08:08:59 PM »

Misty clocks wouldn't bother me too much (they all do that) .... but the erratic rev counter might.....

could be a wet / dodgy connection....  maybe..... or get them to fix it ?
jeremyr62
Fudlet

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2020, 07:17:20 AM »

Misty clocks wouldn't bother me too much (they all do that) .... but the erratic rev counter might.....

could be a wet / dodgy connection....  maybe..... or get them to fix it ?

Yep, pretty much how I feel about it. The seller is a kind of a hobbyist dealer so he appeared as surprised as me. I suppose I was lucky it was a nice day and the clocks were sitting in direct sunlight which seems the right conditions to make them fog up. It's the rev counter playing up that could be indicative of something more serious. I will wait to see what the seller suggests.
Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »

aye. the foggin usually happens on hot days for some reason. Mines done it since when I got it and its nae big deal. Disappears as quick as it comes.

The jumpy rev counter is mibbe a different story though.  When the speed sensor went on mine many moons ago the speedo reading was jumping awe ower the place from 2mph to 222mph.  Not sure how the RPM input is read but a very wise man once suggested it was taking its readings from the crank position sensor ( RIP KeithB)

Mibbe its mechanical.  A temp swap out with a working dash would help identify if its a sensor issue or definitely the dash unit.

Something from the murky past here    https://apriliatuono.com/threads/rev-counter-issues.10396/

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: