tuonoworld.com
January 21, 2021, 05:21:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ANYONE SEEN NOBOOZYS MOJO?

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: gen 2 throttle bodys something missing  (Read 330 times)
mdoignie
Fudlet

« on: November 16, 2020, 12:22:50 AM »

Hi all, just pulled me throttle bodys off me bike as trying to sort out hesitation below 4000rpm. thought it would be a good place to start as need to change plugs and check wiring.
so I pulled off me Air box just to get an idea of whats going on and found this pipe just sitting there, at first I thought it was going into the air box but nope no hole for that to poke in.

my thinking is it needs to go in the side of the throttle body but what I need to know is is this a engine breather pipe as it goes down into a what looks like a valve and then after that it splits into a t piece and thats as far as I got.
I took the side manifolds off for the injectors as I want to clean the injectors in a ultrasonic cleaner, and would like to change the gaskets on the side.

does anyone know where I can get just the gaskets or is that gonna be a no chance ?

injectors dont look that bad to be fair, but thats just the outside and dont wanna take them apart as imagine there all sorts going on in there.
any ideas would be appriciated........... happy88
felix
Mega Fud

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:21:45 AM »

Is that a "hole / Lug" on the rear cam cover that it can plug into  - maybe part of a crank case / engine breather setup ?

cant remember one on mine when i changed the gaskets but my memory is crap !

as for gaskets on the injectors..... give Griff Wooley a shout at Aprilia Performace (Tamworth) - if he hasnt got any, then he would be able to tell you if you can get them elswhere....
mdoignie
Fudlet

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 08:26:53 PM »

I’ve managed to get some gasket material and make my own gaskets for the throttle body injector manifolds

][url=https://flic.kr/p/2khnNDz]IMG_0403[1] by mike doignie, on Flickr[/url]

There not that difficult to make and the gasket is fuel and oil resistant, let’s hope it works . Throttle body’s cleaned up well in my parts washer I must say  happy119

Btw is there any way of changing the script for the heading on this post as I want to make it project bike rather than throttle body’s

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:30:22 PM by mdoignie » Logged
Tifa
Master Fud

I AM THE TIMELORD

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 10:50:09 PM »

Well there's your problem......underneath those throttle bodies, the motorcycle is missing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 10:50:52 PM by Tifa » Logged
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 11:14:04 PM »

Did you cut those gaskets by hand?  Fair play if so, must be very easy to get it wrong or make a mistake.

That's the problem with the internet.  No one knows you're a cat.
mdoignie
Fudlet

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 11:42:41 PM »

Tifa

ah ha, some one on this forum with a sense of humor. now theres something you dont see much of these days  hug5   laugh14

Aka_Gilo

Not that bad fella, just a steady hand with some good scissors and a good eye when punching them holes out lol, and of cause a bit of art work drawing round them old gaskets but it can be done. gonna try getting them back on me machine the weekend, just gotta blag the misses first..... angel1

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 11:50:05 PM by mdoignie » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: