Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hamish's Scottish FudFest,,,, The Wee H ~ 6,7,8,9 September
tuonoworld.com
May 19, 2019, 07:28:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 63
  Print  
Author Topic: Hamish's Scottish FudFest,,,, The Wee H ~ 6,7,8,9 September  (Read 105642 times)
Shovelheadwolf
Super Fud

It's an Aprilia, fuckhead!!

« on: January 05, 2013, 06:13:27 pm »

Shitballs. Looks like I'm going to have to pay attention to this thread!! As there was some issues with the last September FudFest (so I am led to beleieve) when it came to time and dates, a couple of lads have suggested that I, in my infinite wisdom (*gag*), set some dates. As of this post, these are only suggestions and nothing is EVER written in stone. I looked into some races that we could all share and saw that Nurburgring was the site of the SBK race. A little far afield, methinks, for our purposes. (dammit!! I love SBK!!). However, with Silverstone on the MotoGP calendar for the same weekend, it looks like there could be some fun and carousing at a race venue after all. The following Monday could be a staging for the subsequent "Hamish's Scottish Fud Fest 2013". For those that are able, we could have the weekdays to hoon, drink, and swap lies up in the Highlands. Those that could make it for a couple of days on the following weekend, Sept 6-8, would be able to catch up somewhere and engage in a little fun and frivolity as well! Sooo, tentatively, I'm going to look at flying over on the 27th or 28th of August, and then leaving the Isle on the 8th or 9th of September tae catch up wi' SWMBO in Italy.

Please forgive my ignorance of distance and travel times. I'll need a great deal of help with places of interest and roads to travel whilst there. Here in the great West, distances are oft measured by time as we can set cruise control at 125kph and sit there for hours on end. Lots of straight highway with minimal corners and on the secondaries, many small towns. If on the primary highways, one can realistically average over a 100 km/hr, so that the trip to Calgary (just over 300 km) is just over three hours including pee stops (I need lots of those).

Please feel free to throw in suggestions for inns, pubs, roads, tourist attractions (yes I LOVE doing all those stoopid touristy things!!), bike shops, and homes to stay at. I look forward to meeting Griff as well, at his shop. Will Rico, Aldo, Seany , and the rest of the Saltire Clan help with the planning, please?  yes sir

And Nob  love8, I have full intentions of sitting at your table and getting slobbering drunk  eat9 (should be about four pints... just sayin'). I'm really looking forward to that!

I am thinking that the Western Highlands would be lovely to see again. P'raps a Distillery tour (saw the Dalwhinie Distillery and loved the setting and the tour!). I should prolly visit the MacDonald Castle. I was to busy driving to visit the Blair Castle the last time I was over. Ft William. Worth a visit?

I'm pretty sure this thread will ebb and flow, but starting it has made me a happy man. The planning for Hamish's Scottish FudFest 2013 STARTS RICHT TH' NOO!!!!

PS: We HAVE to get some kool shirts like you lot did last year. I was very envious!! Anyone that is artistically inclined want to start cogitating on the design? I'm thinking a Saltire back ground... eat4
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:05:12 pm by BA » Logged

Aldo
Proper Fanny

Brain damaged by apples.

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 06:45:44 pm »

Sounds like a lot of stop, look and swally H. I suggest we stay flexible wae places to go see and whiskey tours and the like, jist let the weather decide on a daily basis whit'll be on the cards for one of two days. A hope seany can make an appearance at some point and let us see his new http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc9/seanyramsay/mediaCA1K07P5_zps492d4a80.jpg although it'll probably have been replaced by then.

Lookin forward tae it already.  happy119

Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »

well thats that week booked off as a def then....a swift holiday line is goin in on Monday!   exc1

Ah love haein things tae look forward tae.... bop2

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
garry
Proper Fanny

Sir Williams of Bowland

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:00 pm »

Way hey.... jaw drop a plan !!!!!

Fantastic  happy88
Aka_Gilo
Proper Fanny

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:30:02 pm »

I'm on me hols until 31 August, but if i can get North when I'm back I will do  happy88

That's the problem with the internet.  No one knows you're a cat.
Yoozy
Nobs immature. I'm an adult.
A-Team

Extreme Mancunian.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »

Well I'll be blowed. Shov, if your coming all the way from the Frozen Fuckin Wasteland to see us fuds. I for one will drop everything to accommodate you and your travel arrangements. I'm sure the rest of the lads feel the same. Bike, bed and everything you need will be here ready  yes sir

A GUT FULL OF ALE AND A HEAD FULL OF MAGIC

Pretty agile for a fat lad.
garry
Proper Fanny

Sir Williams of Bowland

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:26 pm »

Agreed.

Missis is already pullin her kipper...

Its a look that I.m used to.....

Happy days
Aldo
Proper Fanny