Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/sites/375/b5a/www.tuonoworld.com/web/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tuono Model History.(European models.)
tuonoworld.com
September 16, 2019, 07:02:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:   yes sir

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuono Model History.(European models.)  (Read 49131 times)
Keef B
Fuderator

Fenland F*ckwit.

« on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:47 pm »

****DISCLAIMER****
ALL INFO HERE WAS WRITTEN BY SOME RANDOM BLOKE ON THE INTERNET.SOME OF IT MAY BE INCORRECT.

Tuono model history.
Falco Streetfighter kit,....the shape of things to come?Early 2002 Aprilia offered a streetfighter styling kit for the popular Falco model.Included in the kit were higher handlbars,fairing,belly pan,mudguards,uprated front brake and airscoops.Also included were a pair of high level carbon cans with eprom chip.Cost for the complete kit was around £2000,although parts could be bought separately.

Later on in '02 came the origional first Tuono,the 'R' Limited edition.200 bikes were made and came with a numbered plaque on the top yolk.Matte black paint,bronze coloured frame,carbon fibre/kevlar bodywork, Bronze OZ wheels, Ohlins suspension all round. Based on Mille 'R' running gear.
126bhp from Rotax V990.

First year of full production with the Tuono 'Fighter'.Colours wereTulip Red or Magnet Grey with bronze frames and black Brembo wheels. Suspension is Showa forks with Sachs rear shock. Based on stock 03 mille.Claimed power is 126bhp at 9500rpm.

Also for2003,the 'Racing'.Built for the Italian Naked bike championship,the bikes were Black,red with yellow number boards.The bike also featured a black frame,white OZ wheels, and Ohlins suspension.A race kit came with the bike and included a carbon race fairing,seat cowl, long bellypan, reverse gear shifter, race can & chip.

Standard model is now called the 'R'.Altered graphics,colours were silver/red with red wheels, black with red wheels or fluoro red with black wheels. All with black frames, other details as 03 Fighter model.

'Factory' model introduced,similar to the 'Racing' but with white numberboards.Black frame,blue OZ wheels and Ohlins. Most of body work in carbon fibre,but no race kit.

Also available are the Tuono 50cc and 125cc models.

'R' and 'Factory' models are all identical to 04' bikes.

2006 (actually very late 05)
 Second generation 'R' models launched.Bodywork and frame based on the RSVR. The bike featured the uprated 'Magnesium' engine with a claimed 133bhp. Showa forks, Sachs shock, blue cast wheels in same style as OZ.Front brakes as previous years 'Factory' with four pad radial mounted calipers. Colours, silver/black, matte black,and red/black. All with alloy silver frames.

'R' model, now gets Evo engine 139bhp. Lower spec two pad caliper brakes on front. Wheels still blue, colours are matte black, blue/white & red/white.

'Factory' model introduced with 'Red Lion' colour scheme. Ohlins supension, Blue Oz forged wheels,carbon belly pan,carbon air ducts and bronze coloured frame, Four pad front brake calipers.

Also for 2007 was the 'Daytona' special. Basically an 'R' model with Factory paintwork to bodywork.Built to celebrate a win at the Daytona 200 races.

'R' model.Colours ice white, matte black,orange,silver all with black wheels.Also available in blue with blue wheels.

'Factory'model, wheels and frame now both gold. Wheels are Maglatech forged rather than OZ, but otherwise identical to '07 bike.

'R' models,some colours dropped,now only available in ice white,matte black and blue/white.

'Factory'model now has new 'Black Dream' colours with gold wheels.Unique to the Black Dream is the small pad on the seat cowl.As before,Ohlins all round and extra carbon fibre.

'R' model,blue/white colour discontinued,colours now just white or black. 'Factory' model also discontinued.

Early 2010,a new naked V4 Tuono is spotted being tested at Misano and Mugello race circuits.

The covers come off and the final bike is revealed at the 2010 Milan Motorcycle show.

V twin Tuono is discontinued,although some factory leftovers offered for sale in USA and Europe.
V4Tuono arrives in the dealers.Based on RSV4,with a claimed power output of over 160bhp.Sach suspension,front and rear.Two models available,APRC(Aprilia Performance Ride Control) and non APRC.Colours are black,yellow or silver.

Late in 2011 a Factory V4 Tuono is rumoured.Spy photo shows a bike with black tank/fairing,yellow seat and red RSV4 seat cowl.Ohlins forks.

V4 Tuono same as 2011 bike.No sign of Factory model available yet.

September 2012,
Prototype V4 Factory spotted at Italian motorcycle event.The bike looks just about finished and features the usual Factory extra's like Ohlins suspension,carbon fibre mudguard,hugger and different paint.Seat looks like its from the RSV4 and the screen is the taller official Aprilia accessory item.

August 2013,
V4 Tuono gets a bit of a makeover.New for 2014 is a new larger fuel tank (1.5ltr),new forks,exhaust and brakes with ABS for the APRC models.
Some engine parts have been improved and the bike is now up a whole 3bhp to 170bhp.
Yellow and Silver colours appear to have been dropped.White,or the ever popular black,being the options.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:57:07 pm by Keef B » Logged

25yr old trapped in a 55yr old body.
Step away from the magnets.
BA
A-Team

I ain't gittin on no Honda

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:14 am »

Excellent work KB clapper

What is this? Will it knock me out? It better knock me out because if it don't I'm gonna knock you out.
Keef B
Fuderator

Fenland F*ckwit.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:08:36 am »

Excellent work KB clapper
Thanks,....needs a little tweaking.I was getting tired when I posted that.

Now updated! smile2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:55:45 am by Keith B » Logged

25yr old trapped in a 55yr old body.
Step away from the magnets.
Rico
Fuderator

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:00:23 am »

good work KB min....ah ken jist how long it taks tae re-populate these things properly so hats off.  Ah need to crack on wi the pile o "How to" stuff Ive been amassing.

Ye dinnae like it? Weel jist sook ma root!
ARAIHEAD
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:32:16 pm »

Great thread, really enjoyed reading the history, seems the best bike out of them all is the FACTORY with all the carbon fibre & blue wheels is the superior model. hail    exc1 bop17 bop1 eat4
piker
Fudlet

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

great to see this stuff again.  many thanks and well done men.

Tight lines
wileecoyote
Mega Fud

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:36:58 am »

Nicely done, thank you for educating me.

Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius
ACME Race Team, Chief Rider/Mechanic
NO WINS, cant get around them anvils2012 Aprilia Tuono "Valentina"
1989 FZR 1000  "PITA"
2008 Ducati Hypermototard
ARAIHEAD
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 10:03:06 am »

Nicely done, thank you for educating me.

Howay man!..... yer cannot educate spam!!   winking1
tragos610d
Fudlet

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:11 am »

nice thread man!!

.........keep riding...........
Shovelheadwolf
Super Fud

It's an Aprilia, fuckhead!!

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:59 am »

KB, you continue to amaze me. And thanks to your bitch ass I think I have fallen in love with the Tuoldo Racing....  fin7. Like I need more bikes to lust after! Brilliant job finding pics and amassing the history. If ever there is something I can do in return... ;) Curiousity rears its ugly head though... where did you cull your info from? I'm nosy and I like to read about kool stuff and you seem to be the go to dude for kool shit.

If they come out with a Factory V4 in 2013, I think I'll have to get it. Ya only turn 50 once! I broached the subject with SWMBO and she immediately began making plans for me to sell some of the other bikes.. ummm, no.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: